Wednesday, November 18, 2015

We're Gonna Use Wax Paper for WHAT?

"We're gonna use wax paper for WHAT?" That's been the most oft repeated question from our young artists lately....and to be honest.....with good reason! No, we haven't been cooking during art class. We've been PRINTING...with WAX PAPER! I wish I could say the idea was originally mine, but I saw it somewhere on the internet; and unfortunately, since I didn't bookmark the site I can't give credit where credit is due. Wish I could though! Below you will find a few pictures and an explanation of the process. One of the great things about this project is that it worked as well with first graders as it did with sixth graders!


The process is pretty simple. After the children drew a simple design on manila paper, we topped the art paper with a piece of waxed paper and then construction paper stapling the three together like a book. Next, students used the wax paper like tracing paper and painted a small portion of their pictures. While the paint was still wet, we placed the construction paper on top of it to make a print. Then, we repeated the process until the picture was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment